How to calculate diesel generator fuel consumption cost per kWh?
This diesel generator fuel consumption calculator gives an approximation of the diesel generator fuel consumption per hour in litres. We’ve based it on the size of the generator and the load at which the generator is operating. Kruger Generators has over 10 years of experience in supplying generators all over the world. Contact us if you need help selecting a diesel generator.
Before buying a generator, get an idea of its possible fuel consumption using this interactive diesel generator fuel consumption chart in litres. Please note that this diesel generator fuel consumption formula is intended to be used as an estimate of how much fuel a generator uses during operation and is not an exact representation due to various factors that can increase or decrease the amount of fuel consumed.
Tips to save fuel consumption of your home generator:
- Use heavy-duty power and extension cords.
- Maintain your generator regularly.
- Make sure that the air filter is not clogged.
- Don't overload your generator.
- Keep the coolant and other fluids such as oil to the optimum level.
- Replace the air filter, oil filter, and spark plugs on a timely basis.
- Run low voltage appliances.
- Don't add the heavy appliances at one time.
- Reduce furnace and fridge use.
- Keep the extra lights turned off.
- Use low voltage bulbs.
If you can keep your generator load to 1/3 of its capacity or 3/4. you would be able to get the most of the fuel. An18 litres of fuel will give you approximately 20 hours of backup time. If you have a quality generator like ABLE Kruger it's more economical than other brands.